|Application Deadline: |
6th September, 2020
|Starting Date: |
Prescribed Monthly Allowance
Who we are
Youth Alive! Kenya (YAK) is an independent non-governmental organization committed to the empowerment of young people to take active responsibility for their lives to shape their destiny. It was formally registered as a national NGO in December 2003. YAK has over the years worked in partnership with youth organizations, private sector and government (at both national and county levels) to advocate for youth responsive policies, legislations, and programs within Kenya in particular and Africa in general. YAK envisions “A society where young people contribute meaningfully to development”.
Youth Alive! Kenya (YAK) implements a range of projects in three strategic areas of policy development, program development and Institutional partnerships. In fulfillment of our strategic obligations, YAK seeks to recruit a suitable person to join our dedicated and impressive team for the position of Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Intern.
As part of supporting YAK’s M&E framework, we seek to recruit a suitable young person to join our impressive team of professionals as an M&E intern. S/he will provide direct M&E support to the entire program teams. The key function of this position will be to support and manage a robust monitoring and evaluation system with a well-defined milestones and targets and monitor and ensure high quality and timely inputs for the projects to maintain their strategic vision and ensure achievement of the intended outputs in a cost effective and timely manner.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the development and implementation of MEL systems, tools and plans.
- Ensure systems are in place and operational and that program reporting is of high quality and meets reasonable standards
- Working with program officers on collecting, verifying and aggregating quantitative and qualitative data for review
- Organize and undertake regular routine data quality assessments (R/DQA) with the program staff.
- Support the development and maintenance of a program MEL database system and support the development of system to manage qualitative data and information and facilitate use.
- Provide support in the compilation of Monthly, Quarterly, Bi-annual and annual reports through provision of timely, accurate and updated data
- Review the project reports to ensure that the intended targets are reported appropriately in line with the actual outputs and results.
- Responsible for documenting learning and sharing of the lessons with project staff and partners during review forums Profile of the intern
a) Technical skills of best Candidate:
- Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production of reports
- Working knowledge in analyzing data using statistical software from excel, Stata, SPSS etc.
- Experience in online data management and storage sites will be an added advantage.
- Efficient user of Microsoft Office tools;
b) Academic Qualifications
University Degree in field of social science, statistics, economics or any other relevant academic field with at least sound knowledge in designing, implementing M&E related tasks.
c) Competencies and Attributes of best candidate:
- High level written and oral communications skills in English and Kiswahili;
- Must be result-oriented and a team player who exhibits high levels of enthusiasm, tact, diplomacy, and integrity;
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and professional skills in interacting with YAK program and development partners;
- Ability to work under minimal supervision;
- Responds positively to feedback and differing points of view;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
- Experience in research, policy development, management, and programming-related work.
- Proven IT skills will be an added advantage.
How to Apply?
Do not miss out on this opportunity to be a part of this young, vibrant and dynamic team by sending your current CV to email@example.com cc to; firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate reference number Ref: YAK/INT/ADVERT/03/20 on the email subject line. The deadline for application is 6th September 2020 at 0000hrs EAT. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and called for interview following the deadline. If you have any questions, please write to us via email addresses provided above.