|Application Deadline: |
28th June 2021
Who we are
Youth Alive! Kenya (herein referred to as Y.A.K.) is a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) that advocates for and supports youth participation in development processes. The organization was formally registered as a community-based group in April 1999 and a national NGO in December 2003. Y.A.K. is a Youth Serving and Youth-Led organization that has worked in partnership with youth organizations, the private sector, and government to advocate for youth responsive policies, legislation, and programs within Kenya in particular and Africa in general. It has promoted and protected youth’s rights, and empowered youths and vulnerable groups in the spheres of socio, economic and political development.
Y.A.K. envisions “A society where young people are empowered to realize their full potential”. The organization currently works with over ninety-six (96) youth organizations in twelve (12) Counties in Kenya. We also seek to strengthen youth participation in the development agenda in line with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) targets at the county, national, regional and global levels. Y.A.K.’s projects are based on three thematic pillars i.e. Good governance; Economic empowerment and livelihoods; and Social well being and Equity As part of strengthening Youth Alive! Kenya’s internal and external communications, we seek to recruit a suitable young person to join our dedicated team of professionals as a Communications Assistant.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities.
- Support in preparation of monthly bank reconciliation statements and updating cashbooks for all project accounts.
- Support in preparation of payment vouchers and ensuring that they are properly authorized and accurately supported.
- Maintaining an effective filing system both in paper and computerized forms and ensures an archiving system is in place.
- Updating the approved payments to the accounting system (QuickBooks)
- Reconciling expenditures against income
- Assist in activity planning and budget preparation.
- Assisting in the procurement process.
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce (BCOM)/Business Management (BBM)/Business Administration (BBA) specializing in Finance or Accounting.
- CPA/ACCA qualification to be an added advantage.
- Should have Computer Skills
- Should have good knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping procedures.
- Should be below 28 years of age
How to Apply?
Interested individuals should submit their current CV and Application Letter stating their expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email title Finance Intern. The deadline for application is 28th June 2021 at 5.00 pm EAT. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted! Potential applicants from the Y.A.K Working Groups are encouraged to apply.