24th September 2021
1st October, 2021
Prescribed in the Contract
Youth Alive! Kenya (herein referred to as Y.A.K.) is a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) that advocates for and supports youth participation in development processes. The organization was formally registered as a community-based group in April 1999 and a national NGO in December 2003. Y.A.K. is a Youth Serving and Youth-Led organization that has worked in partnership with youth organizations, private sector, and government to advocate for youth responsive policies, legislation, and programs within Kenya in particular and Africa in general. It has promoted and protected youth’s rights, and empowered youths and vulnerable groups in the spheres of socio, economic and political development.
Y.A.K. envisions “A society where young people are empowered to realize their full potential”. The organization currently works with over ninety-six (96) youth organizations in twelve (12) Counties in Kenya. We also seek to strengthen youth participation in the development agenda in line to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) targets at the county, national, regional and global levels. Y.A.K. seeks to break the self-perpetuating cycle of exclusion of young people so that they may actively chart and address issues affecting their well-being and development. Y.A.K.’s projects are based on three thematic pillars i.e. Good Governance; Economic Empowerment and Livelihoods; and Social Wellbeing and Equity.
Y.A.K seeks the services of consultant/group of consultants with appropriate knowledge, skills, experience, and competency to review its internal policies.
The objective of this consultancy.
The purpose of this consultancy is to review Y.A.K internal policies which include;
a) Financial Management Policy
b) Human Resource Policy
c) Y.A.K Constitution
d) Board Charter, and
e) Development of Safeguarding Policy.
Profile of the consultant
- A minimum of Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Project Management, Public Policy, Human Resource, Law and/or other related postgraduate degrees or commensurate experience in lieu of an advanced degree.
- Experience: A minimum of five years in research, community and policy development focusing on non-governmental organizations is required. Previous experience developing organizational and board policies is a must.
- Proven experience working with youth matters/organizations will be an added advantage.
- Excellent written English and writing experience.
Management of this consultancy
The contracting and management of this consultancy will be under Youth Alive! Kenya.
Interested and qualified individuals should submit to email@example.com the following:
- Concept note outlining understanding of the task, methodology, work plan/timelines.
- Financial proposal in Ksh.
- Proof and confirmation of availability during the consultancy period.
- Current CV demonstrating experience in similar tasks
- Proof of having done a similar assignments (attach reports).
- List of at least 3 referees with contacts.
Youth and women with appropriate skills are encouraged to apply!
Indicate on the subject line of the application email EOI number 007/21 to reach Y.A.K on or before 24th September, 2021 by CoB.
For more information: