24th September 2021
1st October, 2021
Prescribed in the Contract
The Youth Serving Organizations Consortium is a network of youth groups, youth focused and youth serving organizations working both nationally and at community level. The consortium seeks to unify the diverse youth voices through strategic collaboration and partnerships with different stakeholders to ensure meaningful and inclusive youth participation in development processes. Our slogan, “Youth Together Under One Voice” is the consortium’s vision. The consortium is currently made up of 21 organizations namely Africa Youth Trust, Badili Africa, Center for Adolescents and Youth, Dada Power, Elgon Young Professionals (EYP), Emerging Leaders Foundation, Footprints for Change, FASCOBI, Global Platforms Kenya, HAKI AFRICA, PAWA254, Kenya Institute of Puppets, Run to Serve, Siasa Place, Tribeless Youth, VSO Jitolee, Winam Grassroots, WOVOP, YASA, Youth Alive! Kenya and Y-ACT.
The objective of this consultancy.
The overall objective of this consultancy is to develop a five-year Strategic Plan (2022 – 2026) to support YSO consortium members and partners to fulfill their mandate. The Consultant shall also develop a resource mobilization plan.
Profile of the consultant
- A minimum of Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Project Management, Public Policy, Finance, Human Resource, Law and/or other related postgraduate degrees or commensurate experience in lieu of an advanced degree.
- A minimum of five years in research, programming related work, community and policy development focusing on non-governmental organizations is required.
- Previous experience developing strategic plans and resource mobilization strategies is a must.
- Ability to steer high-level meetings, while providing strategic guidance.
- Display cultural, gender, religious, age sensitivity, and adaptability.
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills.
- Experience with working with youth would be an added advantage including understanding the policies and frameworks around youth engagement
The application should contain the following elements:
● A cover letter stating your motivation and summarizing relevant experience.
● Narrative and financial proposal outlining your understanding of assignment, past experience, methodology and approach, work-plan and the corresponding financial proposal (maximum 20 pages).
● Updated curriculum vitae that clearly spells out qualifications and experience in relation to the assignment.
● Contacts of 3 organizations that have recently contracted the consultant to carry out a similar assignment.
Interested and qualified candidates should send applications (in English) to email@example.com and copy to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business on Friday, 24th September 2021. Indicate on the subject line of the application email Strategic Plan – YSO.
Youth and women with appropriate skills are encouraged to apply.
For more information: