15th November 2021
1st December 2021
Prescribed in the Contract
Youth Alive! Kenya (herein referred to as Y.A.K.) is a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) that advocates for and supports youth participation in development processes. The organization was formally registered as a community-based group in April 1999 and a national NGO in December 2003. Y.A.K. is a Youth Serving and Youth-Led organization that has worked in partnership with youth organizations, private sector, and government to advocate for youth responsive policies, legislation, and programs within Kenya in particular and Africa in general. It has promoted and protected youth’s rights, and empowered youths and vulnerable groups in the spheres of socio, economic and political development.
Y.A.K. envisions “A society where young people are empowered to realize their full potential”. The organization currently works with over ninety-six (96) youth organizations in twelve (12) Counties in Kenya. We also seek to strengthen youth participation in the development agenda in line to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) targets at the county, national, regional and global levels. Y.A.K.’s projects are based on three thematic pillars i.e. Good Governance; Economic Empowerment and Livelihoods; and Social Wellbeing and Equity.
Y.A.K seeks the services of an audit firm with appropriate knowledge, skills, experience, and competency to audit its financial records for financial year starting January 2021 renewable annually subject to approval by the Board of Directors.
The objective of this consultancy.
The objective of the external audit is to express a professional audit opinion in accordance with International Standards on Auditing on whether:-
- The organizational financial statements of Y.A.K., in all material respects, are in conformity with the applicable International Financial Reporting Standards and the Financial Management Policy of Y.A.K; and
- The financial statements of projects that require separate audit reports, in all material respects, are in conformity with the applicable Financial Management Policy of Y.A.K. and applicable donor financing agreements.
The Secretariat books of accounts provide the basis for preparation of those financials statements and are established to reflect the financial transactions in respect of the Secretariat and that it maintains adequate internal controls and supporting documentation for transactions.
The audit report (on the organizational Y.A.K. accounts and separate project reports) including the financial statements, the management letter including the Y.A.K. Secretariat’s responses should be received by Y.A.K. within three (3) months after the end of the fiscal year under review.
Qualifications of the Audit firm.
The auditor must be completely impartial and independent from all aspects of management or financial interests of the organization;
- The auditor shall not, during the period covered by the audit nor during the undertaking of the audit, be employed by, serve as advisers or mentors for, or have any financial or business relationships with the organization; and
- The auditor shall be registered with the (Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) and must demonstrate that they possess appropriate professional qualifications and suitable experience in accounting and auditing the accounts of entities comparable in size and complexity to the entity being audited;
- Curriculum Vitae (CVs) must be provided to Y.A.K by the Partner of the firm of auditors who shall be responsible for signing the opinion, together with the CVs of key personnel proposed as part of the audit team. The CVs shall include details of audits carried out by the concerned staff, including ongoing assignments indicating capability and capacity to undertake the audit.
The audit fees will be fixed, determined through a competitive bidding process.
Interested and qualified individuals should submit to email@example.com the following:
- Concept note outlining understanding of the task, methodology.
- Current CV and Audit Firm profile demonstrating experience in similar tasks.
- Proof of having done a similar assignment in auditing non-governmental organizations.
- List of at least 3 referees with contacts.
Indicate on the subject line of the application email EOI number 010/21 to reach Y.A.K on or before 15th November, 2021 by CoB.
For more information: