Youth Alive! Kenya joins the world in celebrating international women day on 8th March 2021.
This Year’s Theme is “Women in Leadership: achieving equal future in a Covid World”
We advocate for equal access to opportunities for women in society.
Let’s all join hands in:
- Celebrating women in leadership
- Raising awareness on issues affecting women social-economic development.
- Influencing behaviours that support women empowerment in the community.
- Reinforcing commitments and advocating for investment by public and private institutions to support UCDW(Unpaid care and domestic work) through policy, practice, and budget reforms.
- Ensuring Public opinions and narratives shift to acknowledge Unpaid care work(UCW)and domestic work as an economic, development and gender equality issue.
- Building capacity of Women Rights Organization (WROs), Youth groups, carers, and citizens to ensure they have more individual and collective power to influence decision -making processes around UCW.